Be sure to book your 1 hour individual session this week!
4A: Book Outline
2. About the author
a. Why you are the perfect person to write this book
b. Back story – your history
c. Where you are now thanks to what you’ve learned about this topic
3. About the topic
a. Why it’s important (stats and other info)
b. Why people struggle with it
c. Potential stumbling blocks
4. History of the topic
a. Where it all began
b. Changes through the years
c. Where we are now
5. Real life strategies and plan
a. Ideas the reader can put to use right now
b. Case studies
c. Step-by-step guidelines
6. What the future holds
a. Making plans for growth
7. What to do next (call to action)
[contactform email=”firstname.lastname@example.org” subject=”Lesson 4A Questions Completed” success=”Thank you for completing the questions.” captcha=”true”]
[name label=”Name First and Last” required=”true”]
[email label=”Email” required=”true”]
[textarea label=”1. Do you understand the lessons so far?”]
[textarea label=”2. Is there an area you would like assistance with?”]
[textarea label=”3. What feedback can you share with us on how you feel about this class so far? Too much information? Not clearly explained? Not enough information? Your feedback is appreciated.”]
[textarea label=”4. Why are you writing this book and why are you the perfect person to write on this particular topic of your book?”]
[textarea label=”5. In the overall big picture for your book, what is your big WHY? What is your motivation? What drives you?”]
[submit value=”Questions Completed”]
4B: Book Styles
Following are several book styles you can choose from.
1. Interview Style Books:
These are popular with Kindle readers. Choosing an interviewee or interviewees that already has established their expertise in the subject matter you are writing, can go a very long way in helping you gain the attention and recognition that you want to receive for your efforts.
2. How to Books:
“How to” books are popular especially if they are demonstrating content that is currently trending. People love the promise of a book that is magically and instantly going to simplify something they want, need or desire to understand. This type of book will act like a tutor who is walking then through to success
3. 101 Tips or Ideas:
This type of book consistes of gleaning tip after tip on your subject matter from many different resources. It is often best to put your tips into three categories: Basic, lesser known tips and “Insider” tips.
4. Single Point of View Books:
This book is written from your own point of view and will be much stronger if you are not afraid to take your own stand and present all the arguments and assertation that surround the subject matter of your book.
5. “All About” and “What You Need to Know” Books:
If you want to write a general “all about” book, your job is to not be too general. You will need to present a solid overview that gives a true and accurate snapshot of the subject matter and then spice it up with fascinating and little known facts. You will then share tips to make the subject matter easier to understand.
6. Story Books:
This can be your story or the story of a fictional character that you want to portray as a role model. You will want to include captivating storytelling techniques and very descriptive words to capture the readers interest and motivate them to keep turning the pages.
7. 10 x 10 Book:
This book is designed to answer your clients/customers/readers most frequently asked questions about your business or services. It also addresses questions they should be asking but don’t know to ask. You will want to draft 10 of your most frequently asked questions and 10 questions that should be asked. It is your answers to those questions that make up the content of your book.
For more information on the 10 x 10 x 4 method….see the next segment below. (4C)
For additional information on book styles, click the links below.
[contactform email=”email@example.com” subject=”Lesson 4B Questions Completed” success=”Thank you for completing the questions.” captcha=”true”]
[name label=”Name First and Last” required=”true”]
[email label=”Email” required=”true”]
[textarea label=”1. What writing style will your book be? “]
[textarea label=”2. How will the style of your book affect your ideal avatar?”]
[textarea label=”3. Will your back story be woven into the flavor of your book? If yes, why do you feel that this is important? If no, explain why it will not be.”]
[textarea label=”4. Of all the books you have read, what style of book is your favorite? Why?”]
[textarea label=”5. Would you be interested or would you find it easier to pull the content of your book together by it being recorded interview style and recorded, then transcribed?”]
[textarea label=”6. Raise your right hand and say: I solemnly swear that I will not plagerize others’ content, and will only use private label rights materials for research and ideas. “]
[submit value=”Questions Completed”]
If your answer to question 5 is yes, please contact Becky Norwood for details. (623) 810-1279
4C: The 10 x 10 Method
The 10 x 10 Method is quite simply asking and answering 10 Frequently Asked Questions about your business or subject matter and then 10 SHOULD ask questions and answers. Should ask questions entail questions that should be asked but often people never think to ask.
This can form an amazing amount of content, enough to form the core of your book. This method has been used successfully by many business owners…even for video marketing and podcasting. We share this because the essence of this can be the basis of your book, as well as the marketing beyond the book.
Below is an interesting lesson provided by Michael Koenigs. Mike is an awesomely smart man who trained myself and thousands of others on brilliant ways to market not only our books but your business.
Introducing The 10 x 10 x 4 Formula: A Magical Traffic Magnet System that Attracts Customers Like CRAZY to Any Web Site (and Takes Less Than a Day!)
By Michael Koenigs: Introduction Rankings, traffic, leads and sales.
It’s the cornerstone of every online business. Let’s face it. Getting traffic and standing out in the crowd is hard to do. We’re all super busy trying to run our businesses! Who has time for fancy schmancy SEO anyway?
In this article, you’re going to learn an easy content creation formula that takes less than a day to implement and will provide a steady stream of rankings, traffic and leads to any web site.
• Establishing credibility & trust with visitors and prospects
• Highlighting the differentiation between you and your competitors
• Creating create desire for your product or service…automatically!
• Decreasing or eliminating the need to “sell.”
You’ll move your viewers from ignorance…to becoming qualified prospects…and finally, to becoming buyers. You’ll go from being a salesman to an authority, trusted advisor and friend. After all, that’s the real goal of marketing, isn’t it?
The best customers are educated customers who BEG you to sell them something. It might sound too good to be true – but when you see how incredibly simple this process is, you’ll want to drop this article and run to your computer to start your own 10 x 10 x 4 system! (By the way, at the end of this article you’ll find a sample script you can “borrow” and use for virtually any product or business.)
Getting Started: The only equipment you need is a computer, an inexpensive camera (like a Flip, webcam or camcorder). Here are the basic steps to the 10 x 10 x 4 formula:
1. Write down the top ten frequently asked questions about your product or service (this should take about 15-30 minutes.)
2. Write down the top ten questions a potential buyer SHOULD be asking you about your product or service. These are the important things that differentiate you from your competitors (15-30 minutes.)
3. Record 20 short videos responding to each question. Each video response should be 30 seconds to 3 minutes in length (30-90 minutes.) (If you don’t have a camera, you can make videos with Powerpoint and Camtasia or Keynote and ScreenFlow if you have a Mac.)
4. Record 4 short “mini” videos (10 minutes each.)
a. “To Get More, Go Here” Video. At the end of each video, you tell people where to go to get all 19 videos. This is an offer to take them from your video to a Video Lead Page (explained below.)
b. “Enter your name and email to get all 20 videos.” Put this on your “video lead page.” It’s your chance to connect with the visitor and explain your offer and why they should sign up.
c. “Thank You for Signing Up” Video. Put this on your “Thank You” page – so when someone fills in the form, you tell them they’ll receive their video as soon as they click a confirmation link your autoresponder emails to them.
d. “Buy My Stuff Video.” You’ll put this on your web site and your outbound emails.
5. Make a lead capture page. This is where you’re going to send people to after they watch your video (don’t worry – it’s really easy, more on this later.)
6. Upload your videos to as many video sharing, social bookmarking, podcast directories, social networks and blogs as possible. It will take a couple of days to do this manually. (FYI Traffic Geyser will do this for you with a click of a button and it will only take an hour or so.)
Once submitted, the search engines will gobble up your videos in a few hours and you’ll be indexed. Within 24-48 hours, you’ll dominate the keyword phrases your videos are associated with and you’ll start seeing the rankings and visitors.
Remember – you are sending those visitors to your lead capture page for an offer – this is where you capture names and build your list.
Why does the 10 x 10 x 4 System work? Google, Yahoo and MSN love video content. When you upload your videos to the top video sites, they get ranked and show up quickly in the search engines. Most of the time, videos show up in Google’s result pages 1-2 hours after they’re submitted. Keyword domination (more than 2 listings) frequently occurs in 24-48 hours. And if you upload to dozens of sites, they all get ranked separately. It’s not uncommon for a single video to dominate 4 or even 8 positions on a single page. When a user sees the obvious domination in organic listings, they click! When a user watches your video and visits your site, they’re 5 to 20 times more likely to take action than from an ordinary link or a paid advertisement.
There’s one caveat: you need to choose the keyword phrases to name your videos wisely. (See the end of this article for some resources that can show you how. )
What Will 10 x 10 x 4 Do For You?
1. Grant you massive instant exposure & distribution (20 videos * 80 sites * 4 submissions = 6,400 outbound objects MINIMUM!)
2. Create instant video, social bookmark, social network, blogs, podcasts & podcast directory visibility.
3. Build your list!
4. Establish YOU as a credible expert & authority. When you educate, inform, entertain and build rapport with your prospective audience, they feel a sense of connection with you…and BUY YOUR STUFF. There’s one other thing you should consider…
When someone signs up – the formula will put them into an autoresponder and send them a link to a video each day for 20 days. Each message should describe the video they’re about to watch, a teaser about what they’ll learn and a PS message that sends them straight to your sales page or your super fancy “buy my stuff” video. Think about it – this is a perfect way to get permission and “touch” someone 20 times.
That’s plenty of opportunity to connect, become a friend, trusted advisor, build rapport and convince your prospect to BUY! Sample Script Let’s show you a case study of what I mean.
What follows is a 10 x 10 x 4 project I created for a new product I produced with a survey expert. Here’s what the expert did:
- “First, we polled and surveyed lots of people in my list to find out what they wanted to know about making surveys that generate money.
- We took the top questions, answered them in 30 seconds to 3 minutes each.
- We send viewers to a Video Lead Page, capture names and follow up for 20 days.
- Each day we remind them in a PS line that if they want to know more, they should visit our main site.
- That’s where we sell a course on business surveys with a continuity backend.”
Top 10 Questions:
1. What is the best software to use for surveys?
2. What questions should I ask in a survey?
3. What templates are best for making surveys?
4. What are the best survey questions to ask in a survey
5. How do I measure customer satisfaction in a survey?
6. How do I write the best survey questions?
7. What are the best questions to ask on MySpace or other social networks?
8. How do I do market research with a survey?
9. Where can I get survey training?
10. What are the top mistakes people make when making business surveys?
Ten Things People SHOULD Ask (Remember! This is where you want to think about your company or product’s differentiation):
1. How do I use surveys to increase click-throughs and conversions?
2. How can I create surveys that make me money?
3. How do I make sure I can represent my customer base accurately, without having to get a huge number of responses?
4. If I find data out there about my market, how can I tell whether I should believe them or not?
5. How do I write the kinds of questions that will make my data easy to understand and easy to put to work in my business?
6. How can I use surveys to find a market and build a list—how can surveys help me get started in a profitable niche?
7. How can surveys help me survive a recession?
8. How do I find a simple, clear recipe for putting surveys to work in my business?
9. How do I use surveys to increase my bond with customers and their trust in me?
10. How do I use surveys to really generate referrals? After the expert made her lists, she then created the following videos.
VIDEO 1: “The Offer” Video The gist of this video was “If you enjoyed this information and would like to receive 20 free videos of the top questions people ask most about surveys and a copy of “Everything You Should Know About Creating Great Surveys That Make You Money”, visit www…
VIDEO 2: Squeeze Page The Squeeze Page video included this kind of information: “My name is Jeanne Hurlbert. I’m a Professor of Sociology at Louisiana State University and have developed surveys for the Tony Robbins Companies, US Army Corp of Engineers, the National Science Foundation and many large and small businesses and online marketers worldwide. My work and research has been featured or quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Oprah and Friends, Forbes.com, US News and World Report, National Public Radio, The History Channel and ABC News. Most importantly, after 20 years, I know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to showing people like you how to make business surveys that will help you make more money. I would like to give you 20 free videos of the top questions people ask most about surveys and a copy of “Everything You Should Know About Creating Great Surveys That Make You Money”. All you need to do is enter your information in the form and you’ll receive a confirmation email in moments. Don’t worry, we won’t send you any spam you and you can opt-out anytime! See you on the other side!
VIDEO 3: The “Thank You Page” Video This Thank You Page video sounded like. “Thanks for signing up. You’ll want to check your email for a confirmation message. As soon as you click the link, the first video will be sent to you right away! Can I get your help with something? Do you have a burning question you’d like to ask about surveys, writing great questions, interpreting results, tools, software or anything else, just type in your question along with your contact information and I’ll do my best to respond to anything you ask.’
VIDEO 4: The “Buy My Stuff!” Video And finally, we’ll close with possibly the most crucial video, the “Buy My Stuff!” video.
Here’s the tone for the one:
- Do you know you should be using surveys in your business but are confused as to where to begin?
- Do you know you’re losing money because customers aren’t coming back, not getting referrals or don’t know what your customers really think?
- Are you ready to take the first step in putting surveys to work to make more money, get referrals and improve the quality of your relationship with your customers?
- My name is Jeanne Hurlbert. I’m a Professor of Sociology at Louisiana State University and have developed surveys for the Tony Robbins Companies, US Army Corp of Engineers, the National Science Foundation and many large and small businesses and online marketers worldwide. My work and research has been featured or quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Oprah and Friends, Forbes.com, US News and World Report, National Public Radio, The History Channel and ABC News.
Most importantly, after 20 years, I know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to showing people like you how to make business surveys that will help you make more money. I’ve put together a complete survey system that shows you how to use surveys in your business, how to write surveys and step-by-step templates you can use immediately that will give you instant results.
The system includes easy to understand and watch videos, step-by-step training videos that walk you through everything you need to know and support so you can get results quickly. Everything is laid out so you can have an assistant or contractor watch the material and do it for you if you don’t have the time to do it yourself. To get started and learn more, visit my site at www….
And there it is. Thanks for reading – and I’m looking forward to seeing you online soon! Mike